Yodel, a £500m turnover domestic delivery business was undergoing a major transformation as it integrated a recent acquisition (DHL UK Ltd), laying the foundation for vigorous future expansion. The owners who had ambitious expectations for the business were prompted to seek a new IT Director with both the commercial and strategic experience to assist them in taking the business forward.
The challenge was to find an experienced IT leadership professional to join Yodel’s Executive Team, contribute to their long term strategy and direction and build a top class IT management team.
Recognising that the delivery of change was a primary driver to future success, the organisation reached for expert advice and guidance from Parkwell Search and Selection. The recommendation received was that an Interim Executive be placed in role whilst a permanent replacement was sourced. Parkwell exercised its extensive experience, knowledge and expertise to source a transformational interim IT Director with:
- Proven leadership skills in large and complex organisations
- The technical breadth to enable design and delivery of business-driven technology strategies
- A track record of delivering digital strategy, products and services
- Organisational design, governance and management experience gained on large transformation programmes
- The ability to communicate, persuade and influence a highly educated and diverse group of stakeholders
- A strong focus on delivering results
- A track record of driving change, business process improvement and best practice
The TAPex Solution
In order to meet our clients brief, TAPex Interims conducted an extensive advertised selection process in order to source a top draw interim IT leadership professionals. During this process we screened in excess of 150 applications and rigorously interviewed and assessed a “Long List” of 12 potential candidates leading to a “Short List” of 5 CVs being presented to Yodel.
TAPex secured the services of Simon Mosely, an experienced IT Director who specialises in designing and accelerating strategic, technology-enabled change. Simon was initially hired as an interim candidate but due to his success in the role we were asked to negotiate a 2 year fixed term contract.