A leading city based private bank approached TAPex to assist them in the search for an Interim IT Director. They required candidates with a strong background gained within Wealth or Institutional Asset Management to assist them in streamlining their IT operations and operations in line with the business objectives of the organisation.
Our challenge was to conduct a search for an experienced IT leader to set strategic direction, lead manage and motivate a combination of both internal and outsourced IT teams. We were briefed that the role would require a senior IT professional, well versed at working alongside board-level colleagues in order to plan, coordinate, direct and design IT related activities.
Sourcing candidates with experience of delivering IT change and focused leadership within a Private Bank or Wealth Management organisation was a key driver for our client. TAPex exercised its extensive experience, knowledge and expertise to source a permanent IT Director with:
- Experience of IT management gained within the private banking sector / private client fund management.
- A proven track record of building and leading high-performing teams, including appointing and directing managers of such team
- Extensive experience of contract negotiation and supplier selection
- Experience of working within an outsourced IT framework
- Highly developed negotiation skills and strong awareness of commercial/contractual terms
The TAPex Solution
In order to meet our clients brief, TAPex Search and Selection conducted a focused “Advertised Selection” targeting a range of suitable organisations within the private banking / wealth management field in order to pinpoint suitable applicants. Having identified and secured interest in the role, we conducted rigorous attitudinal based interviews in order to determine candidate suitability we successfully placed a high calibre applicant with strong sectoral and IT leadership credentials.